Written by NZINGHA for TheGlamSquadFiles™
Unfortunately in today’s culture being well mannered is taken for wimpy or either being manipulative. But where I come from proper manners are just a way of life. But the beauty and entertainment businesses has a language and rules all on it’s own.
1) Try not to be too touchy feely. You don’t want to offend anyone or have what may be a friendly hello interpreted in an unsavoury way.
Also a lot of companies have insurance policies in place for potential harassment cases on set.
2) Try not to be on set complaining about your day rates.
4) Social Media. Confidentiality agreement …bad mouthing the production, actors or colleagues
5) Try not to pass out your business cards to producers or actors. It can be offensive to some and be misinterpreted and it’s just bad form.
6) Try not to hang out at the directors monitor. It makes them feel crowded and we don’t want to disturb their creative flow. Also try to avoid coffee clutch hanging out chit chatting on set, it can make the department look bad.
7) Don’t go in too much or too little feel out your surroundings. We are a necessity to the shoot but they don’t like to see us too much.
8) No drinking or drugs ;insurance policies acting silly, partying, unprofessional
9) Flirting or dating on set; wait till the show is over, or DLdating
11) Have each others back…OKAY??!?
12) Don’t discuss too many personal problems or illnesses or how much money you have.
13) Inappropriate jokes; can make people uncomfortable; racial, sexual, sexual preference, religious etc,etc.
Here’s a great site to learn A-Z
Paint On, Curl On viZionaire,